Yummy Pizza Scrolls
Kids will love these baked rolls that taste like pizza.
2 cups self raising flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon Italian Herbs
1/8 capsicum, diced (optional)
2 tablespoons crushed pineapple (optional)
1/4 onion, diced (optional)
1 slice ham/ chicken diced
80g (1 cup) cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 220C (425F) degrees. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl, add butter and rub in using fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Make a well in the center; add milk, mix to a soft dough using a kitchen knife.
4. Turn onto a lightly floured chopping board, knead into a ball.
5. Roll out to an oblong 20cm x 30cm (8 X 12 inch).
6. Place onto greased tray.
7. Spread base with tomato paste, sprinkle with Italian herbs.
8. Top with capsicum (green or red bell peppers), onion, ham, and crushed pineapple.
9. Roll up like a Swiss roll. Slice into 2cm (3/4 inch) slices.
10. Place on a baking sheet face up. Bake for 20 minutes until golden.