by Krishani Jerome
Kids will love this Sri Lankan recipe for roti filled with potatoes and leeks. It's easy to make.
You will need: For the dough:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup oilFor the filling:
1/2 pound potatoes, boiled and skin removed
1/2 pound leeks
2 onions, chopped
Making the Dough:
1. Mix the flour with salt and add enough water to make the dough (dough shouldn't be wet).
2. Make small balls from the dough and dip in the oil. (The dough balls must be soaked in the oil for 4 hours.)
Making the Filling:
1. Mash the potatoes. Finely chop the leeks.
2. Stir fry the onions in the pan for about 4-5 minutes under low flame and add leeks and stir fry for few minutes.
3. Then add potatoes, salt to taste.
4. Stretch the dough balls in a plate.
5. Put the filling into the middle of the roti and fold the edges to cover the filling.
6. Heat a pan and cook each roti, all sides until each side turns a golden brown.