Tuna Noodle Casserole
(Hyannis, MA, US)
Cooking made easy! My friends all love this recipe! The first time I made it my two roommates and I nearly had a cat fight over the last bit. It is very delicious!
1 can tuna
1 package (12-ounce) egg noodles
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick butter
2 cups milk
4 tablespoons flour
dash of salt and pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese
glass liquid measuring cup
1. Wash hands. Fill large saucepan with water.
2. Add to the water 1 teaspoon salt, leveling it off with a knife. Set heat on high and cover pan.
3. When water boils, remove cover and add package of egg noodles.
4. Turn heat down to medium-high and stir noodles with large spoon..
5. Set timer for ten minutes. When timer goes off, drain noodles in a strainer.
6. Run tap water over the noodles in the strainer. Leave noodles there for now.
7. In medium saucepan put 1/2 stick of butter. Put saucepan on stove and turn heat to medium.
8. When butter is melted, add 4 tablespoons flour, leveling them off with a knife.
9. Mix butter and flour with a whisk until blended. Add 2 cups milk, measured in glass liquid measuring cup, to saucepan.
10. Blend with a whisk. Add dashes of salt and pepper and blend.
11. Continue stirring occasionally with whisk until thick.
12. When it is thick, turn off the heat.
13. Preheat oven to 350F (180C) degrees. Open 1 small can of tuna and drain water out of can.
14. Grate 1 cup of cheddar cheese and set aside for now.
15. In a casserole dish spoon out a small amount of the sauce and spread around bottom.
16. Put half the noodles in the casserole dish.
17. Sprinkle half the tuna around top of noodles in dish.
18. Sprinkle half the cheese on top of tuna and noodles.
19. Add half of the remaining sauce and spread around top of the casserole.
20. Add the rest of the noodles and then add the rest of the tuna.
21. Add the rest of the sauce and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
22. Cover the casserole and place in the oven.
23. Set the timer for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off take the casserole out of the oven using pot holders or oven mits.
24. Turn off the oven. The casserole is done.