The Best Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe
by Kristen and Leah Favro
Easy sugar cookie recipe - get out your Christmas cookie cutters!
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter flavored Crisco
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees (190C).
2. Combine together Crisco and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Beat at medium speed until blended.
4. Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla extract,
5. Beat well.
6. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
7. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed until well blended.
8. Divide dough into quarters.
9. Wrap in plastic wrap.
10. Place dough in refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
11. On a well floured surface roll dough to a 1/4 inch thickness.
12. Cut out cookies with a floured cookie cutter.
13. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
14. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles or leave plain to frost later.
15. Bake at 375F degrees (190C) for 5 to 9 minutes.
16. Cool on baking sheet.
17. Move to rack to cool completely.
18. Once cooled, frost if desired.