Simple Chocolate and Nut Cookies
by Fiona Shalvey
(Waterville Co. Kerry, Ireland)
These crispy cookies are easy to make and fun to eat!
4 ounces soft butter
4 ounces light brown sugar
12 ounces plain flour
4 ounces mixed nuts
4 ounces chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Cream the butter and sugar together with vanilla essence.
2. Add eggs and beat for 4-5 minutes.
3. Sift flour salt and baking powder together, add to the egg mixture and beat well.
4 Add nuts and chocolate chips, beat slowly until combined.
5. Place mixture onto large sheet of grease-proof paper and roll into a sausage shape.
6. Refrigerate for one hour.
7. Cut into 1 centimeter slices, place on greased tray and bake for 13-15 minutes in pre-heated oven at 1900C (375F) degrees.
8. Allow to cool in wire tray. They will be soft when out of oven but will go crisp as they cool.