Peanut Butter Cookies
by Charlotte and Beth
(Kent, United Kingdom)
These cookies where made by two cousins, Charlotte and Beth. Some of the things in brackets are advice and tips we did wrong. Hope you enjoy!
8 tablespoons of plain flour
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
1 free range egg yolk
50 grams (1/4 cup) of softened butter
icing sugar (or powdered sugar) for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C degrees (gas mark 4 or 350F).
2. Place the flour, sugar, peanut butter, egg yolk and butter into a large bowl and mix together until a smooth dough.
3. With lightly floured hands break off evenly sized pieces of the dough and roll into walnut sized balls.
4. Place the dough balls onto a baking tray (with grease proof paper) and gently press each ball with the back of a fork to flatten slightly (make sure not too thin).
5. Place into the oven to bake for ten minutes or until golden brown (you may have to keep them in for a bit longer though).
6. Transfer the cookie onto a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes or longer.
7. To serve, place on a serving plate and sprinkle with icing sugar!