This is it!!! The cookies that are the bomb!
Everyone likes s’mores, and everyone loves cookies, right? So why can’t we put them together? These cookies are like a bomb because the marshmallow oozes in your mouth!
How To Make Marshmallow Bomb Cookies: The cookies that are the bomb!
Makes a dozen.
2 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 chocolate bar (chopped up)
2 teaspoon cocoa powder
48 mini marshmallows
¾ cup of granulated sugar
¾ cup of brown sugar (you can use ½ cup sugar for less sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC) and coat baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
3. In a separate bowl beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
4. Add in eggs; beat well. Then combine the two bowls. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped chocolate bar.
5. Take 1 tablespoon of dough in your hand and place 4 mini marshmallows inside.
6. Then roll into a ball; be sure no marshmallow is showing, then place on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 12- 14 minutes or until you can insert a knife or toothpick and the dough is cooked (if marshmallow comes out on the knife or toothpick, wipe it off and put in another spot in the cookie).
8. Let cool and enjoy!The Story Behind This Recipe
It all started when I was making a double-batch of your everyday chocolate chip cookies for my brother's surprise 16th birthday party.
He thought I was making them to take to my grandma’s house, and I saw a huge bag of marshmallows just sitting there on the counter top. We were never going to eat all those. Also with the holidays coming up we needed a new cookie. So I split the double batch into two singles, used one for regular cookies, in case the other cookies didn’t turn out well, then the second batch was mine to have fun with.
The chocolate chip cookies were good as usual but when my mom tried the ones with marshmallows inside, she said they were the bomb, because the marshmallow oozes in your mouth.
These were a hit at the party, and hopefully they’ll be a hit for you too. Every once in a while it’s good to experiment, after all some of the greatest inventions come from experiments and sometimes mistakes.