Halloween "Flying Saucers"
by Josh Cargle (Age 10)
(New Boston, NH, USA)
I got this idea when we were talking about making peanut butter sandwiches. I love celery and peanut butter and thought this might make a good Halloween treat. It is fun to make. I wanted to share this recipe.
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup finely chopped celery
6 corn toast-R-cakes
1 can chocolate easy frosting (with tips)
8 pretzel sticks
1. Combine peanut butter and finely chopped celery in a bowl and stir.
2. Place three toast-R-cakes upside down each on their own plate. (Toast-R- Cakes come 6 to a package and are about 6” round. They are found near the English Muffins or in Bread Aisle)
3. Place about 1/3 cup of mixture on top of the bottom cake and spread. Place second toast-R-cake right side up, on top to form a sandwich. (it looks like a flying saucer when put together).
4. Using canned frosting with a small nozzle, draw two circles on top of the cake and insert two pretzels into each cake (like antenna).
5. Serve at your Halloween party. Serves 3 people.