Fruit and Almond Smoothie
by Therese, Age 10
I love this recipe because almonds are one of my favorite nuts and they are really good with fruit in a smoothie.
1 glass of strawberries
1 tablespoon honey
3 cups milk
about 10 almonds
1. Soak the almonds overnight (you don't have to, but it is better if you do).
2. Cut up the strawberries, banana and nectarine.
3. Put them all in a blender.
4. Put the honey in the blender.
5. Put the almonds in the blender (drain them first if you soaked them).
6. Blend it lots (for about 30 seconds).
7. Then it is done!
Drink it for an afternoon snack or even for breakfast.
It makes about 4 cups.