Easter Fun in the Sun Flip Flop Cake
by Decker Bergin
My grandmother always made these really cool Easter cakes for us and now I'm going to give the recipe to you.
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 cup of sugar(you can use artificial sweetener)
2 cups of milk or cream (cream makes it flakier)
4 fruit roll-ups
2 sticks of butter
Note: Leave the fruit roll-ups out of the mix.
If you are making a chocolate version of my flip flop cake please leave out the vanilla and add some Hershey's chocolate syrup.
1. Mix all the ingredients together until it has a sappy texture.
2. Make two flip flop like molds out of tin foil and pour a pretty even amount into each mold.
3. After you have poured the batter in the molds carefully place the molds in the oven and set the oven to 300-350F (150-180C) degrees, then bake.
4. After done baking let the cake cool down for 10-15 minutes then unwrap the tin foil off of the cake.
5. After unwrapped, get one of the four fruit roll-ups and hold it horizontally, then bend it. It should look like a rainbow from your view. Then keep it like you're holding it and place both curved rainbow like ends into the front of the cake. After that get another fruit roll-up and hold it vertically then bend one end away from you like it's doing a back bend and stick it onto the front of the cake vertically over the middle of the other fruit roll-up. Do all of this to the other flip flops and you are done.
Hope you enjoy!