by Rose Lee
I came up with this recipe whilst making cornflake cookies. I added a fair few more ingredients and the idea of making snowman shapes with icing. It is really fun for the kids, especially making your own designs on the snowman!
You will need:
2 cups of cornflakes
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 - 1 cup milk (add more or less if required)
1/4 cup sugar (add more if required)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate bits/chips (optional)
packet of food colorings: red, blue and green, use yellow and red to make orange
1 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon water
1. Preheat oven to 180C degrees (350F); line a tray with baking paper.
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients (not the icing ones) together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add egg and milk, mix well until all ingredients are combined. The consistency should be wet and lumpy but not dry.
4. Spoon mixture onto baking tray. Make the figure of a snowman, have a large circle for the body and a smaller one for the head. Choose your own size proportions.
5. Bake cookies in the oven for up to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
TO MAKE ICING:
Pour icing mixture in a bowl and put in the water. Add more water or sugar if required (desired consistency is quite thick and creamy). If it is too watery then it won't look as good in the overall presentation.
When the cookies are ready, separate icing into 5 small bowls, leave one white, one for red, one for green, one for blue and one for orange. Using a spoon or an icing dispenser, put the icing on the snowman, make up your own cool designs.
Idea: use blue for the eyes and mouth, orange for the nose, green and blue fo make a scarf, color his body in white like snow and there you have it, a snowman cookie!