Anna's Chocolate "Mud" Cake
by Anna Gouthro
(West Vancouver BC Canada)
Try this deliciously "wicked" chocolate mud cake recipe for Halloween.
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup salted butter
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Mix cocoa and boiling water together in a pot.
2. Whisk flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
3. Use a knife to cut sugar and butter together until stuck in clumps then electric mix until fluffy looking.
4. Electric mix eggs into butter/sugar mixture until smooth.
5. Electric mix it all together until well combined.
6. Scoop into cake pan of your choice.
7. Cook at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
It was my after school care leader's birthday so we wanted to make cupcakes. We started at 8:30 but so many things went wrong it came out as a perfect cake at 12:00! We made it again as a Halloween cake and it took us just over an hour. It is very satisfying in many ways. It started as someone else's recipe and ended as my own!!!