by Rachel Upton
(Christchurch New Zealand)
Witches Cone Hats
These are fun to make for Halloween and kids think they are great. All you need are a few simple ingredients.
* Ice Cream Cones (dark waffle ones - try and get ones with even/flat tops - I had to cut mine flat and they broke lots)
* Halloween Sweets (eggs, spiders, worms, etc.)
* Chocolate Biscuits/Cookies (chocolate on one side)
* Icing Sugar/Powdered Sugar and Water (make thick icing with black food coloring)
* Sweets (to decorate outside of hat)
1. Fill cones with spooky sweets.
2. Spread a bit of icing around top edge of cone and place biscuit (cookie) on top of cone. Make chocolate side of biscuit face the inside sweet filled cone.
3. Carefully turn over onto a flat plate.
4. Let icing set then decorate the rim of hat or drizzle some icing down point if you want.