Homemade Cadbury Crunchie
Your kids will love this homemade candy recipe. It is cheaper than going to get one from the shop because it will give you 2-10 bars, depending on how small you cut them up.
You will need:
3/4 tablespoon sugar
4 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon baking soda
chocolate for melting
1. Grease a pan with butter.
2. Remove from heat, mix the sugar and the syrup in a heavy-bottomed saucepan (use a big one).
3. Put the pan over a medium to low heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
4. The mixture is ready to come off the heat when it is thick and bubbling, the color of light sand and no darker or it will get burnt.
5. Once you take it off the heat, whisk with baking soda.
6. Watch it foam up (this is why you need a big pan).
7. Pour it into a baking tray and wait several hours for it to set.(don't spread out the mixture when pouring or it will take out the air bubbles)
8. Once set, cut it up and put melted chocolate on and then put in fridge till it is solid.
I hope you enjoy it!