Halloween Sugar Cookies
(Los Angeles,CA, USA)
When I'm at my friends house, her mom makes the BEST sugar cookies. So I told myself, "why don't I make some of my own" - here's my recipe:
Halloween themed cookie cutters
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 stick of butter, softened
1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. In one bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients (egg, butter, vanilla).
2. In another bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder).
3. In a big bowl, slowly half and half put dry then wet ingredients until it's finished.
4. Heat oven to 375F (190C) degrees and do a final mix (don't over-mix).
5. Roll cookies, flatten them, them spray cooking spray, and put it on the sheet pan.
6. Cut all cookies with cookie cutters.
7. Put in oven for 8-10 minutes.
8. After it's done in the oven let it cool for 3 minutes.
1 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
1 pound of powdered sugar
a teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of water
1 tablespoon of food coloring of your choice
1. Mix all of the ingredients until it turns into the color you want ( don't over-mix).
* Let the kids help and decorate the sugar cookies with frosting, marshmallows, * Don't put too much food coloring or else it will taste like food coloring.
*Drizzle with chocolate or strawberry syrup if you'd like.