Edina's Chocolate Cake
This recipe's ingredients were scaled to yield a new amount. The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield of one 9 x 13 inch cake.
• 20 ml milk
• 15 g grated semisweet chocolate
• 50 g white sugar
• 1/3 eggs
• 30 g sour cream
• 0.8 g baking soda
• 3 ml water
• 50 g cake flour
• 20 g butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Grate the chocolate. In a small saucepan, boil the milk and chocolate until mixture forms a custard.
3. Cream the butter or margarine and sugar. Add eggs and sour cream to the creamed mixture.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in water, and add to the creamed mixture. Add the flour, and mix thoroughly. Add the chocolate mixture and beat well. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes to one hour.
Makes 4 servings.