Chocolate Caramel Apples
by Antania Bender
(Warner Robins, USA)
This is a great recipe for Halloween or any time of the year. Easy for kids to make.
What you need:
6 ice cream sticks
6 medium apples
1/2 chopped nuts
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons water
1 package (14 ounce) vanilla caramels
What to do:
1. Insert stick in stem end of each apple.
2. Divide nuts in six mounds on wax paper.
3. Heat chocolate chips, water, and caramel over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
4. Keep mixture over very low heat.
5. Dip each apple in chocolate mixture until is completely covered.
6. Roll each in nuts.
7. Let stand until coating is firm.