Bloody Freaky Zombie Brains!
freaky "brain" for Halloween
As with most things Halloween atmosphere counts. On a side table with flickering candle lights, spooky sounds and kids in costume this will be a big hit!
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 10-ounce package (about 40) regular marshmallows OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows or 1 7-ounce jar marshmallow fluff
Red food coloring
Soft red sour ball candies
6 cups puffed wheat type cereal (looks like brain matter!)
Gummy friends (mice, snake worms) and body parts (teeth, tongue, eyeball) found at local chain drugstore.
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in red food coloring.
2. Add puffed wheat cereal. Stir until well coated. Mix in a few red sour ball candies as blood clots.
3. Line a 5 cup oval bowl or brain shaped jello type mold with plastic wrap.
4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into the prepared bowl. Let set a few minutes to cool and flip out onto a freaky Halloween type platter.
5. Press the side of your hand down in the middle of the oval the long way . This will show the hemispheres of the brain.
6. Decorate the platter with your gummy friends and body parts. A few pieces of brain matter can be broken off.