Baked Carrot and Zucchini Scotch Egg Curry
by Noman Ahmed
There are unlimited ways to cook eggs. We all like to have them in patties, casserole or even curries. What if we combine all these varieties into one? Voila! Below is the recipe for a unique style of Scotch egg curry. Have a look.
500 grams (1 pound) chicken mince (ground chicken)
1 large beaten egg
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 cup tomato paste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Dust hard boiled eggs with flour. Combine grated zucchini, carrot, chicken mince, 1 beaten egg and 1/2 cup plain flour in a bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Divide the refrigerated mixture into 6 equal portions. Flatten the meat mixture and make a patty using hands and shape a coating around the hard boiled egg, completely enclosing it. Roll the eggs with flour. Place coated eggs on a greased heat-proof casserole dish.
4. Whisk tomato paste, oil, lemon juice and garlic together. Pour it over the eggs in the casserole dish.
5. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden, turning twice during the cooking time. Serve with pasta or boiled rice. Serve hot.