by Seethal. K.C
(Guruvayoor, Kerala, India)
Ladoo is a delicious Indian sweet. This ladoo is made from aval (puffed rice). This is a nutritious delight.
100 grams aval (white pressed or puffed rice)
100 grams dates, pitted and chopped
75 grams jaggery (unrefined whole cane sugar)
15 grams sesame seeds
1. Aval is first roasted and powdered (not that much fine powder).
2. After that remove the date seeds and cut into small pieces.
3. Then jaggery syrup is prepared.
4. Sesame is also roasted.
5. All the ingredients are mix well and make it into small balls.
6. Kismis (white seedless raisins) and cashew nuts are also used to decorate the ladoo.
It is rich in iron so it is very healthy for all especially for adolescents.